01. Can’t believe I’m so late to Arrested Development…
02. Related (not really): Bananarama are FINALLY touring Australia. Supported by Tiffany. Can’t wait.
03. I went to the Trace podcast panel discussion at the Wheeler Centre last week. Journalist Rachael Brown; homicide detective, Ron Iddles; and Maria James’s (now adult) son, Mark, discussed how the making of the podcast had impacted the ongoing investigation into Maria’s brutal murder in 1980. Two things stood out – Brown’s emphasis on being a ‘story teller’ not a ‘story taker’, and how emotional Iddles is about this case (it was his first homicide in a career that investigated 300+ homicides – only four are unsolved).
04. More on podcasts – heard that they were making a movie of both Serial and Dirty John… I wonder about the line between deriving ‘entertainment’ from actual events and respecting the victim’s privacy/ story? Maybe that line has already been crossed with podcasts? (note that Serial is not a dramatization of events but a series about the making of the podcast – I’ll look forward to that).
05. Still more – this episode of Malcolm Gladwell’s podcast, Revisionist History, about Elvis and his parapraxis (Freudian slips) is fabulous.
06. If you enjoyed that episode of Revisionist History you have probably been trying to find Somebody’s Something by Kaci Bolls – it’s here.
07. Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret to be made into a film. It better be ace.
10. Red apple cider sangria sounds like a plan.
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Pop by, say hi.