01. It’s school holidays in Australia. We spent a few days with family in Kyneton (with some mountain-biking in Harcourt and a hike to the summit of Hanging Rock). Continue reading
01. I can’t wait for Charlotte Wood’s new book, The Weekend. And how good is the cover?! Continue reading
01. The 2019 Miles Franklin Award goes to Melissa Lucashenko for her novel, Too Much Lip. Check out Lisa and Sue’s reviews.
02. This job in Maldives has come up again… I’m thinking I’ll apply in seven years (when my kids have finished school) – it can be my middle-aged gap year… Continue reading
01. Saw Michael Pollan talk about his latest book, How to Change Your Mind, at Melbourne Town Hall last week (we’re so lucky to have the Wheeler Centre organising these events for Melburnians). His stories about his research were very entertaining. (pic via MMA) Continue reading
Sample Saturday is when I wade through the eleventy billion samples I have downloaded on my Kindle. I’m slowly chipping away and deciding whether it’s buy or bye. Continue reading
TV series (which is saying a lot because I loved the book). Continue reading
01. People are so talented (these beautiful cakes by artist Leslie Vigil). Continue reading
Wishing: that every week was Negroni Week if these are the things that distillers come up with Continue reading
01. I’m obsessed with caprese salad, so it stands to reason I’ll be obsessed with caprese skillet lasagne.
02. Eeek! Will be starting #20BooksofSummer tomorrow (my May reading took longer than expected). Continue reading
01. I did get to the German Film Festival – Balloon was brilliant. Tense, but brilliant (and I drove home feeling like the Stasi were following me). Hoping to get to at least one more Festival film. Continue reading