01. We had our annual international night with friends last week. This year’s country was Argentina – empanadas, Quilmes, Provoleta, Malbec, big steaks, chimichurri, sweet potato jelly (!) and Argentina’s answer to chocolate ripple cake (before you go rushing to make this cake, know that is was almost unbearably sweet – I’ll stick with the empanadas and grilled cheese). Continue reading
01. I have officially completed my university studies. A study-free year… What will I do with my time?! (hint: more reading, more swimming) Continue reading
Feeling: pleased with recent CloudSpotter additions (a cap cloud and a Fallstreak Hole). I realise the pic isn’t particularly exciting but I’ve been on the lookout for a Fallstreak for years Continue reading
01. I was lucky to see a production of my very favourite Shakespearean play last week – Twelfth Night. Frank Woodley was a stellar Sir Andrew (and that’s a large Melbourne Gin Co. gin, tonic and grapefruit next to my program, so obviously it was an ace night). Continue reading
It’s the final week of Nonfiction November, hosted by Katie @ Doing Dewey.
So what’s the damage? I’ve added quite a few books to the TBR stack. Continue reading
Listening: Podcasts – Teacher’s Pet (gripping, as good as Serial); MDWAP (S4 is heaven on a hat stand); and Slow Burn (a new perspective on the Clinton/ Lewinsky/ Tripp situation) Continue reading
01. Mrs Roth, with her dextrous but controversial Continental knitting style scares the hell out of me.
“…prepare their needles for combat…”
“…something on her needles all the time, from ladies dresses to men’s cardigans…”
“You can tell the temperament of the woman by just how she’s knitting.”
What I want to know – WHO WON?! Continue reading
01. Do I ditch my family, uni, life in Melbourne and apply for this? Continue reading
01. I took my daughter to the Katy Perry Witness concert last week. As always, Perry was FUN, energetic, and wearing amazing costumes. Highlights: the staging for Swish Swish and the eighties South Beach vibe for her Teenage Dream set (bad pics but you get the idea). Continue reading