My library recently got a bunch of new audio books (aside from cosy mysteries!), so I’ve put podcasts on hold and indulged in audios. Continue reading
Feeling: jealous, terrified and excited all at the same time (because one of my kids has been selected for a voyage on this next year) Continue reading
Warning, if you loved An American Marriage by Tayari Jones (and that’s everyone, including Barack Obama), look away now.
I am in the minority. Other than the premise, I didn’t like anything about this book. Continue reading
01. I’m obsessed with caprese salad, so it stands to reason I’ll be obsessed with caprese skillet lasagne.
02. Eeek! Will be starting #20BooksofSummer tomorrow (my May reading took longer than expected). Continue reading
01. I did get to the German Film Festival – Balloon was brilliant. Tense, but brilliant (and I drove home feeling like the Stasi were following me). Hoping to get to at least one more Festival film. Continue reading
01. I feel depressed about the Australian election result for all sorts of reasons and on so many levels. Continue reading
01. Isn’t John Irving’s writing process bananas?! (I can’t wait for Darkness as a Bride.) Continue reading
01. Yay! Favel Parrett has a new book coming in September – There Was Still Love.
02. And there was a hint from Heather Rose about her new book… Continue reading
01. It makes me very happy to think that most of these kids (approximately 30,000 at the Melbourne Climate Change protest) will be voting within five years (pic above taken by my 16yo son. Pic below via Twitter).
01. A cloud I wish I hadn’t seen – pyrocumulus. Bushfires have been burning out of control in many parts of Victoria – this cloud (pic taken by my friend, Sonali) is from the Bunyip fires that are burning 100km from Melbourne. Continue reading