01. Isn’t John Irving’s writing process bananas?! (I can’t wait for Darkness as a Bride.) Continue reading
01. A cloud I wish I hadn’t seen – pyrocumulus. Bushfires have been burning out of control in many parts of Victoria – this cloud (pic taken by my friend, Sonali) is from the Bunyip fires that are burning 100km from Melbourne. Continue reading
I was late to podcasts but when the podcast app appeared on my phone after a software update a couple of years ago, I was curious.
I started with Serial. In retrospect, a dumb move because Serial is so goddamn good and for a while, I didn’t think much could match it. Since then, the podcast world has exploded and I’ve discovered lots of great things to listen to.
As I’m always asking others for their podcast recommendations (and suggesting good places to start for those new to podcasts), I thought I’d put together a list of the ones I think are truly worth listening to. Continue reading
01. Sunset, taken on my lovely weekend with my lovely mothers group at Phillip Island (our ‘babies’ are 16 now!). Continue reading
01. We had our annual international night with friends last week. This year’s country was Argentina – empanadas, Quilmes, Provoleta, Malbec, big steaks, chimichurri, sweet potato jelly (!) and Argentina’s answer to chocolate ripple cake (before you go rushing to make this cake, know that is was almost unbearably sweet – I’ll stick with the empanadas and grilled cheese). Continue reading
01. I have officially completed my university studies. A study-free year… What will I do with my time?! (hint: more reading, more swimming) Continue reading