I’m currently reading five books.
- The Brain That Changes Itself by Norman Doidge (CD)
- We Were the Mulvaneys by Joyce Carol Oates (audio)
- The Mothers by Brit Bennett (hardcopy)
- The Diver’s Clothes Lie Empty by Vendela Vida (Kindle)
- War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy (hardcopy)
Is that odd? (I’m hoping I’m among friends here…) Continue reading
01. Guess what I saw last week? Continue reading
If you’re looking for a memoir about exploring, ice and braving the extremities of Antarctica, then Alexa Thomson’s Antarctica on a Plate is not for you. Yes, there’s ice but the focus is on the challenge of cooking large quantities of food on a small stove, and the fact that in Antarctica you never run out of freezer space. Continue reading
01. We had a brilliant two weeks at the beach and although I didn’t do as much reading as I normally would, I did get to go sailing, snorkeling at lots of good spots; and swimming with the seals. And the sun shone. And we ate lots of good food, including a mountain of flatties caught by my children, and squid… so much squid (friends, squid deliveries will resume in February). And the sun shone. And we had lots of visits from friends, so it was all lovely. Continue reading
Happy New Year lovely people! Continue reading
1. Last Sunday morning I woke my children up at 3.45am so that we could head into the city for White Night. It was worth it.
2. Especially because they went to bed really, really early on Sunday night, leaving me to watch War & Peace in peace…
3. If someone handed me $2530.80 today and said “You absolutely must spend $2530.80 on a handbag right now”, I’d buy this clutch from Edie Parker. Never have I known such deep bag lust as this. Continue reading
1. SO MUCH LOVE for the BBC adaption of War and Peace.
2. This tweet made me laugh.
1. My extended beach time is over for this summer. It was lovely.
Making: Plans for the precious few weeks between my exams ending and school holidays starting.
Drinking: Orange Grapefruit & Bitters by Schweppes (with gin)
Reading: Textbooks about E.coli (and Prick With a Fork for light relief).
Coveting: This perfume.
Listening: IZ (a leftover from my holiday in Hawaii).
Watching: Catastrophe. I’m obsessed.
Anticipating: The Beautiful Lie (an Australian reimagining of Anna Karenina).
Smelling: This sea salt spray for hair (I have more sea salt sprays than would be considered normal).
Wishing: That the Masters course I’m applying for next year wasn’t so over-subscribed.
Enjoying: The spectacular thunderstorms we’ve had.
Loving: The fact that it’s Spring but that some days, Melbourne is pretending it’s Summer.
Needing: To improve my salad repertoire. This should help.
Feeling: Stressed. Exams are looming.
Wearing: Anything mint green.
Wanting: More time. It’s always about time.
Bookmarking: All things Hong Kong. And Tasmania.
Aiming: To finish a TBR spreadsheet.
The amazing photo above is by William Waldron.