I’ve had a mad, mad few weeks – a stupid amount of work for uni, a house move, and a trip to Hong Kong. I won’t bore you with details about essays, word counts, packing boxes and utilities but I will bore you with dumplings, temples and spectacular city views.
We spent a week in Hong Kong, staying in Kowloon. Last time I was in Hong Kong the planes were landing between the buildings, so needless to say things had changed considerably. Continue reading
01. One morning last week, as I was taking the kids to school, I looked up… And this is what I saw. A nice reminder to pause every now and then. Continue reading
01. It’s old news now, but the interview that broke Twitter last week is one of the best things I’ve seen in years. I’m torn over my favourite part: the ‘what’s goin’ on in here?’ dance; the man swatting kid; plot twist baby’s entrance; wife’s crouching door close; or the background wailing. Continue reading
Wanting: to go to lots of things at the Melbourne Food and Wine Festival (so far have only booked this – inspired by the glorious Hollywood Bowl at Eau de Vie) Continue reading
This time last week I was on holiday in Hobart. I was there with my mothers group, celebrating fifteen years of friendship.
Not sure if I’ve ever mentioned my mothers group before but basically, by virtue of having babies in July/August of 2002 and living in the same suburb, we were grouped together. And we hit the jackpot – a fantastic group of women who I love dearly. We often joke that mothers group is much more fun now that the kids have grown up (it’s true…) and our weekends away always include lots of laughing, and good food and wine. Continue reading
01. We had a brilliant two weeks at the beach and although I didn’t do as much reading as I normally would, I did get to go sailing, snorkeling at lots of good spots; and swimming with the seals. And the sun shone. And we ate lots of good food, including a mountain of flatties caught by my children, and squid… so much squid (friends, squid deliveries will resume in February). And the sun shone. And we had lots of visits from friends, so it was all lovely. Continue reading
Feeling: Relieved. Very, very relieved. My melanoma results came back all clear. I now have a very big chunk out of my arm and a ferocious scar but it’s better than the alternative. Continue reading
01. Another hotly contested Tomato Chutney competition at the Kyneton Show, another first prize. My greatest rival came second… Just saying. Continue reading
01. BEST weekend. Started with ten hours of gin on Saturday – a friend and I went on tour to the Melbourne Gin Company with the Gin Queen. We’re now BFFs with Caroline (the Gin Queen) – you know your people when you meet them – and obviously there will be more gin tours in my future. Continue reading