01. We had a brilliant two weeks at the beach and although I didn’t do as much reading as I normally would, I did get to go sailing, snorkeling at lots of good spots; and swimming with the seals. And the sun shone. And we ate lots of good food, including a mountain of flatties caught by my children, and squid… so much squid (friends, squid deliveries will resume in February). And the sun shone. And we had lots of visits from friends, so it was all lovely. Continue reading
Feeling: Relieved. Very, very relieved. My melanoma results came back all clear. I now have a very big chunk out of my arm and a ferocious scar but it’s better than the alternative. Continue reading
01. Another hotly contested Tomato Chutney competition at the Kyneton Show, another first prize. My greatest rival came second… Just saying. Continue reading
01. BEST weekend. Started with ten hours of gin on Saturday – a friend and I went on tour to the Melbourne Gin Company with the Gin Queen. We’re now BFFs with Caroline (the Gin Queen) – you know your people when you meet them – and obviously there will be more gin tours in my future. Continue reading
01. Love the beat, love the clip, love the Robbie-ness, hate the matchy-matchy Russian/discussion/concussion line. Continue reading
01. I know it’s a team effort and doesn’t come down to one kick…
I know mothers carrying on about their kid’s sport is boring… Continue reading
01. Yesterday I went to Sydney to be part of the studio audience for the ABC’s The Book Club – indulgent, yes, and so much fun (spoiler: the panel ALL AGREES ON A BOOK!).
02. I didn’t have much time in Sydney other than that spent at the ABC Studio, although I did squeeze in a quick walk this morning. And I thought that people who live in Sydney must suck at cloud-spotting… (remember, it’s winter here).
01. I’ve mentioned how much I love Miffy, right? This.
02. The Melbourne Writers Festival 2016 program was announced yesterday. Tickets go on sale tomorrow, which gives me a few more hours to sort out how I’ll manage #ALLTHEEVENTS (on my radar are Shriver, Flanagan, Tsiolkas, Wood, Garner, Funder, Earls, Beneba Clarke). Continue reading
Sometimes, when you have an international tourist destination on your doorstep (relatively speaking…), you forget that it’s there to enjoy. Continue reading