My thoughts on Eurovision 2019 (in no particular order):
I’ll be getting up very, very early to catch the action live from Tel Aviv and may not be coherent, so here are the songs I’ll be cheering for. Continue reading
Enjoying: selecting my Easter holiday reading. Continue reading
01. We had our annual international night with friends last week. This year’s country was Argentina – empanadas, Quilmes, Provoleta, Malbec, big steaks, chimichurri, sweet potato jelly (!) and Argentina’s answer to chocolate ripple cake (before you go rushing to make this cake, know that is was almost unbearably sweet – I’ll stick with the empanadas and grilled cheese). Continue reading
01. I have officially completed my university studies. A study-free year… What will I do with my time?! (hint: more reading, more swimming) Continue reading
01. I’ve finished uni for the semester. Now I’m planning six weeks of fun. Continue reading
Here are my predictions for Eurovision 2018. I won’t bore you with the rationale but essentially it’s a stupid mix of what I want to win and what I think will win (I would be excited if I got one right) – Continue reading
It’s that time of year when we have to explain that Australia is just off the coast of Ireland. Continue reading
01. Hello Europe (and Australia)! It’s Eurovision time. I was up at the crack-of for the first semi this morning. Lots of thoughts but my picks from round one (in order) –
- Albania – for it’s 90s vibe
- Ireland – hear the crowd roar at a certain bit
- Finland – a good song and a lucky-ticket wheel!
- Czech Republic – Fresh Prince meets 80s-Sportsgirl-prep
- Bulgaria – can’t argue with the lyrics… Also, doesn’t this have a pleasing Goldfrapp feel?
Thought Switzerland would have made it through for their stand-up/ stand-on drumming work alone. I know everyone is loving Cyprus but really, Eurovision is not for Beyoncé-wannabees. And if we are voting on pure Eurovision-ness alone, Israel is the winner. Continue reading