01. It makes me very happy to think that most of these kids (approximately 30,000 at the Melbourne Climate Change protest) will be voting within five years (pic above taken by my 16yo son. Pic below via Twitter).
01. We had our annual international night with friends last week. This year’s country was Argentina – empanadas, Quilmes, Provoleta, Malbec, big steaks, chimichurri, sweet potato jelly (!) and Argentina’s answer to chocolate ripple cake (before you go rushing to make this cake, know that is was almost unbearably sweet – I’ll stick with the empanadas and grilled cheese). Continue reading
01. I have officially completed my university studies. A study-free year… What will I do with my time?! (hint: more reading, more swimming) Continue reading
01. I’ve finished uni for the semester. Now I’m planning six weeks of fun. Continue reading
Here are my predictions for Eurovision 2018. I won’t bore you with the rationale but essentially it’s a stupid mix of what I want to win and what I think will win (I would be excited if I got one right) – Continue reading
It’s that time of year when we have to explain that Australia is just off the coast of Ireland. Continue reading
01. Hello Europe (and Australia)! It’s Eurovision time. I was up at the crack-of for the first semi this morning. Lots of thoughts but my picks from round one (in order) –
Thought Switzerland would have made it through for their stand-up/ stand-on drumming work alone. I know everyone is loving Cyprus but really, Eurovision is not for Beyoncé-wannabees. And if we are voting on pure Eurovision-ness alone, Israel is the winner. Continue reading