01. Isn’t John Irving’s writing process bananas?! (I can’t wait for Darkness as a Bride.) Continue reading
01. It was cloudy all day yesterday and I honestly thought I’d lose my shit if I didn’t get to see the Super Blue Blood Moon… thankfully, the sky was clear when the action started around 11pm. I didn’t try to take photos. I just enjoyed it (the pic above is from here). It was spectacular. Continue reading
Sample Saturday is when I wade through the eleventy billion samples I have downloaded on my Kindle. I’m slowly chipping away and deciding whether it’s buy or bye. This week, all three books were spotted on my Goodreads feed –
01. My favourite tweet this month. No, scratch that. This year.
01. I went to a Melbourne Food and Wine Festival class last weekend – we made punch (I think that’s a responsible way of saying ‘big batch cocktails’). Anyway, now I need a retro punch bowl and a new Pinterest board so that I can start collecting punch recipes. Continue reading
Happy New Year lovely people! Continue reading
01. A couple of years ago I had a salad epiphany (I’m not overstating it). I realised that there was no such thing as a ‘tasty, simple salad that you could throw together at the last minute’. Instead, all the best salads appear simple but are actually quite complex and/or take time to prepare. I bought a book that became my Salad Bible. Truly, it’s the best. So I was excited to discover that the author, Hetty McKinnon, has a new book out – Neighbourhood. Continue reading