01.This is my favourite news story of 2019. Continue reading
01. I can’t wait for Charlotte Wood’s new book, The Weekend. And how good is the cover?! Continue reading
01. Look up! My horseshoe vortex is included in the new cloud spotters book, A Cloud a Day by Gavin Prector-Pinney. My copy arrived today and it’s beautiful – embossed hard cover; photographs on every page, each accompanied by some cloud science or a reflection; quotes and art work featuring clouds – p.55 is especially good 😉 Continue reading
01. The 2019 Miles Franklin Award goes to Melissa Lucashenko for her novel, Too Much Lip. Check out Lisa and Sue’s reviews.
02. This job in Maldives has come up again… I’m thinking I’ll apply in seven years (when my kids have finished school) – it can be my middle-aged gap year… Continue reading
01. Saw Michael Pollan talk about his latest book, How to Change Your Mind, at Melbourne Town Hall last week (we’re so lucky to have the Wheeler Centre organising these events for Melburnians). His stories about his research were very entertaining. (pic via MMA) Continue reading
01. People are so talented (these beautiful cakes by artist Leslie Vigil). Continue reading
01. Obsessed by the thought of this (particularly the staircase bit). Continue reading
01. I’m obsessed with caprese salad, so it stands to reason I’ll be obsessed with caprese skillet lasagne.
02. Eeek! Will be starting #20BooksofSummer tomorrow (my May reading took longer than expected). Continue reading
01. I did get to the German Film Festival – Balloon was brilliant. Tense, but brilliant (and I drove home feeling like the Stasi were following me). Hoping to get to at least one more Festival film. Continue reading
01. I feel depressed about the Australian election result for all sorts of reasons and on so many levels. Continue reading