01. People are so talented (these beautiful cakes by artist Leslie Vigil). Continue reading
01. Obsessed by the thought of this (particularly the staircase bit). Continue reading
01. I’m obsessed with caprese salad, so it stands to reason I’ll be obsessed with caprese skillet lasagne.
02. Eeek! Will be starting #20BooksofSummer tomorrow (my May reading took longer than expected). Continue reading
01. I did get to the German Film Festival – Balloon was brilliant. Tense, but brilliant (and I drove home feeling like the Stasi were following me). Hoping to get to at least one more Festival film. Continue reading
01. I feel depressed about the Australian election result for all sorts of reasons and on so many levels. Continue reading
01. Isn’t John Irving’s writing process bananas?! (I can’t wait for Darkness as a Bride.) Continue reading
01. Yay! Favel Parrett has a new book coming in September – There Was Still Love.
02. And there was a hint from Heather Rose about her new book… Continue reading
01. It makes me very happy to think that most of these kids (approximately 30,000 at the Melbourne Climate Change protest) will be voting within five years (pic above taken by my 16yo son. Pic below via Twitter).
01. A cloud I wish I hadn’t seen – pyrocumulus. Bushfires have been burning out of control in many parts of Victoria – this cloud (pic taken by my friend, Sonali) is from the Bunyip fires that are burning 100km from Melbourne. Continue reading
01. Sunset, taken on my lovely weekend with my lovely mothers group at Phillip Island (our ‘babies’ are 16 now!). Continue reading