01. Hello Europe (and Australia)! It’s Eurovision time. I was up at the crack-of for the first semi this morning. Lots of thoughts but my picks from round one (in order) –
- Albania – for it’s 90s vibe
- Ireland – hear the crowd roar at a certain bit
- Finland – a good song and a lucky-ticket wheel!
- Czech Republic – Fresh Prince meets 80s-Sportsgirl-prep
- Bulgaria – can’t argue with the lyrics… Also, doesn’t this have a pleasing Goldfrapp feel?
Thought Switzerland would have made it through for their stand-up/ stand-on drumming work alone. I know everyone is loving Cyprus but really, Eurovision is not for Beyoncé-wannabees. And if we are voting on pure Eurovision-ness alone, Israel is the winner. Continue reading
01. I was waiting for the little cheesy-pineapple ones Madame Bibi, and I was rewarded. Abigail’s Party was brilliant.
02. Women’s Prize for Fiction shortlist – I haven’t read any but own half (the Batuman, Shamsie and Ward), so that’s a start. Continue reading
01. I went to the Lionel Richie concert on Sunday night. We were Dancing On the Ceiling All Night Long. Sure, some might consider his ballads cheesy but I can’t resist singing along to Hello, Truly and Say You, Say Me. Continue reading
01. Had to get out the trackies on a cool evening this week. And I’m spending eleventy hundred hours a day raking leaves. So yeah, it’s Autumn (that’s my friend’s dog camouflaged in leaves. His name is Leo). Continue reading
01. Saw the MTC production of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time a fortnight ago. The set (I took a sneaky pic before the show started) and the way that it was used to ‘reshape’ the stage was extraordinary, with the grid points on the box stage lighting up to show emotions, places, and movement. Continue reading
01. It was cloudy all day yesterday and I honestly thought I’d lose my shit if I didn’t get to see the Super Blue Blood Moon… thankfully, the sky was clear when the action started around 11pm. I didn’t try to take photos. I just enjoyed it (the pic above is from here). It was spectacular. Continue reading
01. The Triennial exhibition at the National Gallery Victoria was cool (even the teenagers thought so). Continue reading
01. Late-afternoon-altostratus taken at McCrae beach. Continue reading
01. A year ago… Still sad but this article about Last Christmas is great. Continue reading
01. I’m thinking about my beach-reading list. This was a good place to start (note that lots of these appear on the Best of the Best list). Continue reading