01. We went to a party last weekend and the theme was ‘Miami Nice’. We went as retirees (Florida is the home of retirees, right?). I found the most amazing vintage palm-print muumuu on Etsy which I’ll probably wear on Christmas Day for the next forty years… it’s comfy, cool, fabulous.
When researching our outfits, I came across this fabulous collection of photos.
02. Usually 1000 pieces is my minimum but I might make an exception for this.
03. Paula pointed me in the direction of this article about learning German later in life. It’s a beautiful piece, but I especially loved the author’s observation that “German is a fine language for grief.”
04. And speaking of all things German, this commemoration of the 30th anniversary of the Berlin Wall coming down.
05. I’ve done so little reading and so little blogging in the past couple of weeks but I have managed to start gathering data for the 2019 List of Lists. Stay tuned.
06. Like last time, I’ll have one of everything.
07. It’s outrageous that I haven’t had a dessert Negroni* from Matteo’s #2020goals
*orange and gin sorbet with vermouth ice-cream, Campari gel and Italian meringue
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Pop by, say hi.