01. I had an ace day in the Yarra Valley last week (much wine, a superb lunch at Tarra Warra, and my first visit to Four Pillars distillery where the sales staff probably made their monthly quota after our visit – specifically ‘Espy’ Gin, breakfast negroni, and because I love negronis, this).
02. So, the Booker Prize winners – I just hope for Bernardine Evaristo that 2019 isn’t the year people remember as “Atwood won…and someone else did too…”
03. Saw The Australian Dream – heartbreaking, necessary, brilliant. Also on my to-see movie list is Pavarotti, Judy and Blinded by the Light. And still haven’t seen Downton, Animals, The Goldfinch or Parallel Lives… I need a movie marathon.
04. I always make big batches of tomato relish for friends at Christmas time but perhaps I should also be making candied jalapeño and bacon jam…?
05. State Library reno update.
06. I’ve been watching The Politician on Netflix – it’s fun and has that dark Heathers feel about it.
07. Interesting article on social media trends (although of course the excellent move to remove ‘likes’ is not just about mental health…).
- book with a place in the title: Putney, Upstate, The Place on Dalhousie, and Murder on Easey Street
- historical novel: Book of Colours
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Pop by, say hi.