01. Yay! Favel Parrett has a new book coming in September – There Was Still Love.
02. And there was a hint from Heather Rose about her new book…
03. There’s stuff on Twitter that really makes me laugh. Like this.
04. Also on Twitter, I learn of Tiny Beautiful Things, the stage play!
05. Threading, two bookmarks and your ‘BuJo’. Holy hell. Does anyone actually do this?
06. Serial, the series, coming to SBS in April.
07. This excellent podcast episode about libraries.
08. The best thing about the Sydney Writers Festival is that all the international authors pop down to Melbourne while they’re here. And the fabulous Wheeler Centre hosts them. I’m going to see Jenny Erpenbeck, Meg Wolitzer, and Andrew Sean Greer. Considering if I can also fit in Susan Orlean and Rachel Kushner.
10. I haven’t played Book Bingo fortnightly (and missed the initial sign-up as I was away) but I will try to do a quarterly check-in. Find out more at Theresa Smith Writes if you want to join in.
- Book with a red cover: Florence Broadhurst
- Beloved classic: Pursuit of Love
- Prize winning book: The Choke
- Nonfiction book about an event: The Arsonist
- Memoir about a non-famous person: The Erratics
- Book written by Australian woman more than 10 years ago: Florence Broadhurst
- Themes of culture: No Country Woman
- Themes of Justice: Small Wrongs
- Book set on the Australian Coast: Bluebottle
- Book set in an exotic location: In the Garden of the Fugitives
- Written by an Australian man: Flesh Wounds
- Written by an Australian woman: Goodwood
- Written by an author under age 35: Because We Are Bad
- Written by an author you’ve never read: The Girls at 17 Swann Street
- Literary: In the Garden of the Fugitives
- Comedy: How Hard Can it Be?
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Pop by, say hi.