01. Dragged the children to the MoMA exhibition this week. I didn’t take pics of my favourite pieces (too busy enjoying) – a Le Corbusier scale model of Villa Sayoye and a small Matisse canvas that was amazingly vibrant.
I watched the airport departures board included in the exhibition for ages – you don’t realise what you miss until you see it again… the soft whir of the board clicking over was deeply nostalgic.
02. It was my last Melbourne Writers Festival Audience Advocate meeting yesterday. They poured us a glass of wine, motioned to the bookshelves stuffed with new releases and ARCs and said “Take whatever you want.” Is that the best night ever?!
03. How audiobooks are made.
05. Things I’ve been watching: Exposed (I’ve been following the Keli Lane case for years) and Tick F***ing Tock, a documentary about the Doug Anthony Allstars (who I saw perform countless times during the 80s and 90s – note that I spent every performance in fear that I would be targeted for audience participation).
06. And I’ve earmarked this to watch – How ‘Mad’ Are You?
07. It’s nearly time for Nonfiction November – I’m planning on participating each week.
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Pop by, say hi.