01. Woohoo! Can’t wait to start trying recipes from Hetty McKinnon’s new book, Family (her first book, Community, is one of my most-used cookbooks and her roasted beetroot, turnip, edamame, radish and wasabi mayonnaise salad is life-changing).
02. I’m listening to Clare Wright’s The Forgotten Rebels of Eureka (it’s terrific) and just discovered that there’s a TV series in production (think Outlander meets Deadwood as opposed to All the Rivers Run).
03. “The food universe has thrown cruffins, milo martinis and turducken benedict at you and it still wasn’t enough.” It’s not just the sandwich that’s fabulous, it’s the helpful details included in the recipe.
05. Feierabend, toska and sisu – I love this collection of words.
06. That combination of sad and happy-sad that gets me every time…
08. A dear friend gave me this today and it’s basically the perfect shade of yellow.
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Pop by, say hi.