01. The picture above is of Gardiner’s Creek. The creek adjoins an oval where my kids play lacrosse (in fact I took this pic last Saturday as they were warming up before their game). The local council is planning to rip up the grass and replace it with an artificial soccer pitch (with a 1.8m fence and extensive car-parking). I can’t tell you how angry it has made me, for all sorts of reasons (environmental, hydrological, community access to open space, light pollution, provision of multi-use facilities, and I could go on). Needless to say, I’m protesting the development. Hard.
02. There seems to be a strong war theme in this year’s Man Booker longlist… not really my cup of tea. Anyway, I’ve only read one (Ryan), which I loved. I want to read the Rooney and the Powers, and I’m intrigued by the Burns.
03. Comprehension of audiobooks versus hard copies – without doubt I get distracted listening to audiobooks (hence being careful about what I listen to).
05. This is a long video but if you like orchestral music, set aside half an hour to listen to this funny take on individual instruments.
06. This is the kind of world news I like.
07. Tequila rosé spritz seems like a good idea.
08. According to my family, I’m the only person who finds Russell Coight funny.
09. Uni has started again – goodbye spare reading time.
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Stop by, say g’day.