01. Michael Bond will be missed but his wonderful voice will live on. Paddington is far more relevant today than some people realise – he is, after all, an immigrant, just trying to make a home in a new place.
“It’s as I said in the beginning … young [Paddington] Brown has a way of bringing people closer together in the end.”
02. Oddly, I introduced my 10yo to Olga da Polga two weeks ago. She already loves Olga and who wouldn’t with this opening line –
“From the very beginning, there was not the slightest doubt that Olga da Polga was the sort of guinea pig who would go places.”
03. I need a trip to France and Morocco, stat.
05. All aboard! (A gin train. IKR?!)
06. Apparently Xennials are a ‘micro-generation’. I’m firmly in Gen-X but there’s a fun quiz for those in doubt.
07. This movie. Already know I’m going to laugh until my sides hurt.
08. This week I drove all the way to Prahran for a toasted cheese sandwich and it was totes worth it. And when the service staff, explaining the raclette, said “We take a massive chunk of cheese…”. I thought, “Yes, I’m home….”.
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Pop by, say hi.