01. So it really has been ages since I did a Bookish post… Over the last two months I’ve had a terrific holiday in Hong Kong; had a tense wait for results after having three more moles removed (all clear. Get your skin checked everyone); wrote eleventy-billion words for uni; and moved house. Our new house has a superb Crepe Myrtle in the backyard. I can’t wait to see it flower.
02. Hahahaha. Of course, I’m not any of these…
03. I think I’ll enjoy the Ferrante stories more as a film.
05. The library at Grey Gardens.
07. This is so far up my alley I can’t even begin to tell you.
08. I spend little time on social media these days but I thought this article was interesting. In particular, this caught my attention –
“I was an early arrival on Twitter and I recall those early days fondly. The microblogging platform was a party. Specifically a cocktail party with excellent finger food and name tags for everyone. It could get rowdy, but people were enjoying themselves and mostly everyone behaved well.”
I’m not on Twitter much now (the only place I’ve ever really been active) because, as John Birmingham notes, it’s just not fun like it once was. It’s a shame (but I’m not looking for a substitute).
09. Social reading, as summed up in this interesting post from Booker Talk.
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Pop by, say hi.