01. After a long cloud-spotting drought, I finally logged something new – a 22° Halo. It’s an optical phenomena distinguished by the reddish tinge at the inner edge of the halo. Note: no retinas were harmed in the taking of this photo – I just aimed the camera in the general direction and hoped for the best.
02. Oh look at this!
03. Just watched the first episode of This Is Us. It was good.
04. The reality of my 2016-book-buying-ban hit on Tuesday night when I realised that I hadn’t read a single one of the Stella Prize 2017 longlist. Some I hadn’t even heard of (and I attribute that to the fact that, to a large extent, I’ve tuned out of the ‘new-release frenzy’).
05. Further thoughts about the Stella longlist – a few interesting omissions; heavily weighted toward memoir and non-fiction; god help me if Offshore and/or Victoria make the shortlist – I have Buckley’s of reading either of those (at 600+ pages each) during the Stella Book Group week-by-week read-along.
06. Hello Barry and your new album.
07. Really need to make these slow-cooked beef tacos.
08. So many people I know are cancelling travel plans to the US. And vowing not to visit while Trump remains as President.
09. And this is why book blogging is such a good idea.
10. Last but not least, the Australian Football League women’s competition started last week. Exciting times (not just because I have temporarily lured my Bombers-barracking-daughter over to Carlton on account of their women’s team).
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Pop by, say hi.