01. Saw James Reyne last week at a very dicey venue. Not ashamed to say that we had the BEST night.
02. My son won a writing prize last week. I didn’t even know he’d entered the competition and I hadn’t read the piece until I saw it in print. His story is good – really proud of him.
03. I’ve had a week of extreme highs and lows – I had unexpected surgery on Monday to remove a melanoma from my arm. I am still waiting for the histology results but general anesthetics and cancer in December make you reassess stuff.
04. On the upside, I was offered a university place for next year in the course I wanted. Yay. Note: it’s a graduate course so don’t expect any #matureagestudent tweets.
05. I’m not sure how I feel about a movie version of Our Souls at Night – will they be able to capture the tenderness?
06. Holy hell. Look at these peppermint pattie brownies from How Sweet it Is. I’ll do anything for a chocolate and mint combo.
07. This list of tweets made me laugh. Particularly 13, 14, 19, 30, 45, 68, 73, 94 and 97. But hey, I’ll let you find your own funnies on the list.
08. Because we all judge books by their covers, right? (For the record, no.5 turns my stomach and no.27 wins).
09. I’m sorry – how is a novelette distinguished from a novella or short story?
10. It’s outrageous that I don’t have these on my tree… (because: sold out in a flash).
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Swing by, say g’day.