01. Another hotly contested Tomato Chutney competition at the Kyneton Show, another first prize. My greatest rival came second… Just saying.
02. Adele (I’m going). HOORAY!
03. Yesterday I went floating. My husband wondered why I’d want to do any activity that included a panic button but heyho, I wanted to give it a try. I loved it. People float for all sorts of reasons (meditation, stress and pain relief) but I went to actually think about what I wanted for 2017. I came out with decisions made…
04. And without sounding all “ask-the-universe-and-it-delivers-hippy-hippy-mungbean-shit”, today good stuff has happened. So yes, I love floating.
05. I wish the Stella Prize Longlist announcement wasn’t in Sydney…
06. Melburnians will appreciate this. #touchedon
07. Book smell – it’s science.
08. Look at this. Amazing.
09. When I was little, we visited the Arthur’s Seat Chairlift every summer. The kids would ride and the parents would take up various positions on the road leading toward the bottom. Sometimes we chucked our thongs* at them. It was wildly unsafe and we loved it. The chairlift has been closed for many, many years (see previous bit about being wildly unsafe) however it is opening again this summer. Will I let my kids ride? Yes (because it’s cable cars now, instead of the hanging planks of wood that served as seats in my day).
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Swing by, say g’day.
*that’s flip-flops to you!