01. A couple of years ago I had a salad epiphany (I’m not overstating it). I realised that there was no such thing as a ‘tasty, simple salad that you could throw together at the last minute’. Instead, all the best salads appear simple but are actually quite complex and/or take time to prepare. I bought a book that became my Salad Bible. Truly, it’s the best. So I was excited to discover that the author, Hetty McKinnon, has a new book out – Neighbourhood.
02. If you happen to get my favourite salad book, drop everything and make the Roasted Beetroot with Caramelised Turnips, Edamame Beans and Wasabi Mayonnaise – it’s insane.
03. All the salads call for some new summer drinks – these (and I can account for the Thornbury Pimm’s Cup – it’s good stuff).
04. Related: a friend and I tried this Pimm’s bottle last week – was like drinking a rather delicious fruit tingle.
05. Lots of people joined in #6Degrees this month. Any suggestions for starter books?
06. Both of the books I read this week (The Wangs vs the World and The Tidal Zone) include the word ‘thrum’. I’m forever scarred by that word thanks to Unspeakable Things.
07. A few Australian books are to be developed into films – Lost & Found by Brooke Davis; Foal’s Bread by Gillian Mears (it will be AMAZING); and The Natural Way of Things by Charlotte Wood (we already knew about that one).
08. Adele is coming to Australia. I am BUSTING to go.
09. I love these photo-essay-type-things.
10. Look. At. This. (Spectacular)
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Swing by, say g’day.