01. I’m probably going to drink this a million times this summer.
02. And just like that I bought two books, using up the remainder of my 2016 book-buying-allowance (The Good People by Hannah Kent and Our Souls at Night by Kent Haruf).
03. Isn’t it odd that they both have Kent in their names…?
04. On Monday my 14yo put on his school blazer. The sleeves ended two inches above his wrists. Huh…the blazer fitted him last Friday. Did he have his brother’s blazer on by mistake? No. Had it been cleaned and shrunk? No. He literally grew over the weekend… Isn’t that insane?!
05. I’ve mentioned my yet-to-be-officially-diagnosed-but-tests-suggest-rheumatoid-arthritis situation – I read this so basically I’m following doctor’s orders. Yay for me.
06. Lunched at Gontran Cherrier today – had an excellent baguette and a sensational Linzer tart. Bought a squid-ink baguette home for dinner just so that the kids can exclaim over black bread.
07. University applications take up a lot of time. A. Lot.
09. Who’s watching Rosehaven? So much to love (emergency butcher; milk’s for cereal; “Just answer the phone and keep the ants out of the kitchenette.”)
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Swing by, say hi.