I’m not much of a listener (unless I’m talking with friends or playing eighties pop music or sitting at the opera). In fact, until this year, podcasts and audio-books were foreign to me. But my very old Kindle, with the wonderful text-to-speech function, has nearly given up, so I’ve been forced to consider my listening options.
I began by opening the previously unused podcast app on my phone. So modern, I know.
I started with Serial. In retrospect, a dumb move because Serial is so goddamn good and truly, can anything match it? No. But now that I’m on the podcast train, I’m not about to get off. This is what I’ve discovered –
01. Dear Reader – City of Melbourne librarians talk books
02. Gastropod – food with a side of science and history
03. Invisibilia – human behaviour, storytelling and scientific research
04. Modern Love – readings from the NYT column, Modern Love
05. The Sporkful – I’ll overlook their parody of Serial…
07. Naked Genetics – genetics-lite
08. Deliciously Stella – #gettheglow with the best #cleaneating* podcast
What I want to know is this: which podcasts are as good as (or better than) Serial? Tell me, I’m all ears.