Is there a sub-genre for novels best accompanied by gin? Is now*.
01. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald / Gin Rickey
02. The Other Typist by Suzanne Rindell / Southside Fizz
03. The Gin Closet by Leslie Jamison / The Botanist (straight from the bottle)
04. The Last Painting of Sara de Vos by Dominic Smith / Tom Collins
05. Tuesday Nights in 1980 by Molly Prentiss / Italian Greyhound
06. Eileen by Ottessa Moshfegh / Elderflower Spanish Gin & Tonic
07. Mrs Queen Takes the Train by William Kuhn / Gin Fizz
08. Fifty Shades of Grey by E. L. James / Gin** & Tonic
09. Shall We Dance? by Maggie Alderson / Gin & It
10. Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by Therese Fowler / 6th Street Fizz
*seems I choose gin quite often as an appropriate book pairing…
**pains me to include this book. I reckon while they might have been happy for the initial sales boost, the mob at Hendricks now rue association with FSoG (because: crap book).