Oh, how I laughed when I read the topic for this week’s Top Ten Tuesday – Ten Books That Have Been On Your Shelf (Or TBR) From Before You Started Blogging That You STILL Haven’t Read Yet. Jamie at The Broke and the Bookish notes that it’s sad that she’s had some books for six years and still hasn’t read them…. Six years? Pfft. One of the books on my list has been sitting next to my bed for fourteen years.
01. The Zookeeper’s War by Steven Conte – bought as a new release in 2008.
02. The Street Sweeper by Elliot Perlman – yeah, I pre-ordered this in 2012.
03. Caleb’s Crossing by Geraldine Brooks – bought for book group in 2013, missed that meeting, haven’t got to it yet.
04. 11/22/63 by Stephen King – winter holidays in 2013, had a Kindle shopping spree. This was one of the books.
05. The Light of Day by Graham Swift – took this paperback to hospital when I had a baby in 2005. Never read a page.
06. Bastard Out of Carolina by Dorothy Allison – feel like it’s always been on my shelf…
07. Bright Lights Dark Shadows by Carl Palm – 2001. seems I like listening to them more than reading about them.
08. Little Children by Tom Perrotta – couldn’t stomach the book after seeing the movie.
09. A Fraction of the Whole by Steve Toltz – 2012? Hasn’t even had time to gather dust yet.
10. The Mitford Girls by Mary Lovell – this is the one I’ve had for 14 years. Bought at Borders. Borders doesn’t exist in Australia anymore.