01. Last week I was moaning about winter. This week I have almond blossom. Spring is coming.
02. Couldn’t watch the Olympics for the first day or so, for fear of seeing the leg break. I’m not usually squeamish but holy fuck you could hear it snap…
03. These are the real Olympic moments.
04. We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves. I’ll watch it.
05. Bridget Jones’s Baby. I’ll read it.
07. This article about writing female adolescent characters is very interesting.
08. There’s lots to love about this piece on art and Melrose Place (note that it was described as “…the most diabolical hour on television” and “…not famous for its subtlety”) but in particular –
“Television is about product placement… So the question was why don’t we place ideas on there, and open up the complexity [TV] can offer.”
09. I need to watch Melrose Place from the beginning now, obvs.
10. And also heralding the end of winter – end-of-footy-season washing-day…
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Get into it.