01. Tuesday was the best and worst of days. Best because: a friend saw this post and bought me a copy of The Glorious Heresies for my birthday (YAY! When I published the list, I hadn’t thought about all the hints it would provide…).
02. Also best because same friend and I went to see Love & Friendship and it was hilarious – it’s Austen, but all wit and no romance.
03. Worst because two-thirds of the way through the film my son’s school called me – cue #ALLTHEANXIETY. My son had tripped over and broken his fall with his front teeth. We now wait to see what happens with three of his teeth – the dentist is hopeful that they’ll “firm up” (words to send a shudder through parents). Meanwhile, son is on a yogurt diet.
04. Happily, the novella that Love & Friendship is based on – Lady Susan – is free on Kindle (so I can find out what I missed).
05. I’m not the only one who looks forward to census night, am I?
06. So yeah, this made me laugh.
07. Look! Book-lovers candles.
08. The thing about right now is that it’s winter. But I keep getting emails from northern hemisphere retailers about all sorts of beach things. So it’s 14 degrees and I’m thinking, “Yeah, I need a watermelon corer, a Beach Vault, and a lounger that is built for reading…”
09. Obvs need the watermelon corer so that I can make a watermelon shandy quickly.
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Get into it.