I haven’t been shouting from the rooftops about new releases this year – not because there’s been a lack of ace new books but because I’ve been focusing my reading on what’s been languishing in the TBR stack.
But thanks to the magic that is NetGalley, a few have come my way… This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is all about the 2016 new releases that have made my heart sing.
01. The Portable Veblen by Elizabeth McKenzie – my favourite quote this year remains –
“I want to meet muckrakers, carousers, the sweet-toothed, and the lion-hearted…”
02. Wilfil Disregard by Lena Andersson – cool, crazy, and had me screaming at characters the way I sometimes scream at the tele.
03. My Name is Lucy Barton by Elizabeth Strout – this has lingered (in a good way).
04. The Girls by Emma Cline – I’m only halfway through but so far, excellent.
Next up, the new releases that I’m busting to read. Busting, I tell you.
05. The Paper House by Anna Spargo-Ryan – because I do like books that make me cry.
07. The Nest by Cynthia D’Aprix Sweeney – family tensions, New York and an inheritance – what’s not to love?
08. Be Frank With Me by Julia Claiborne Johnson – I’ve earmarked this one for my next beach holiday – light, fun fluff.
10. Our Magic Hour by Jennifer Down – another book to make me bawl.