01. Last Friday night: Culture Club. So, so good (my friend Alison took the pic above).
02. At some point during the concert Boy George said, “We always say that if you grew up with a Boy George poster on your wall, you’re probably a bit more open-minded than others…”. It was met with a great cheer.
03. And just on that, I have a theory – in the eighties, you were either Culture Club or Duran Duran. I know you’ll bleat, “But I liked both!” Sure you did. So did I. But I only had posters of Boy George on my walls (and everyone I’ve asked is the same – the posters sort you into either CC or DD).
05. Geez boys love gear, don’t they? Just opened a vein at an online lacrosse shop…
06. Fact you may not know about me – I love rhubarb and always have stewed rhubarb with raspberries in the fridge (it’s great with plain yogurt). Which makes this rhubarb sorbet recipe a no-brainer.
07. Saw Tim Burton’s Through the Looking Glass – it was magical. Alice-purists are no doubt having a conniption but I’ll forgive Burton’s berserk mind anything. And HBC as the Red Queen remains magnificent.
08. My new favourite Twitter account – forest_fr1ends.
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Pop over and say hi.