Cathy at 746 Books is hosting the 20 Books of Summer reading challenge again this year. I’m going to join in, with a particular effort to read from my stacks of physical books (as opposed to e-books).
There’s no better time to curl up with a book than winter. Because it’s winter in Melbourne. So while Cathy et al. is enjoying the Irish sunshine along with twenty selected books, I’ll be rugging up (I wonder if in fact my winter will be the equivalent of an Irish summer? Perhaps I’ll post the weather forecast for the day I finish each book to compare…).
The challenge is straightforward – read twenty books between June 1st and September 5th. I’ve left three spots free in case I pick up some ARCs between now and September. If not, there’s no shortage of books to fill the spot.
Here is my Summer (Winter) reading list:
01. The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert
02. If I Forget You by Thomas Greene
03. The Girls by Emma Cline
04. The Good Guy by Susan Beale
05. How to Party With an Infant by Kaui Hart Hemmings
06. Catching the Sun by Tony Parsons
07. The Lake House by Kate Morton
08. Chasing Harry Winston by Lauren Weisberger
09. The Enchanted April by Elizabeth von Arnim
10. Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
11. All the Birds, Singing by Evie Wyld
12. I Was Told There’d Be Cake by Sloane Crosley
13. White Truffles in Winter by N.M.Kelby
14. Piano Lessons by Anna Goldsworthy
15. Bush Oranges by Kay Donovan
16. A Cook’s Tour by Anthony Bourdain
17. The Good Parents by Joan London
18. Addition by Toni Jordan
19. Asking For It by Louise O’Neill
20. The Last Painting of Sara de Vos by Dominic Smith