01. Girl’s weekend away last week. Went to Point Lonsdale and it was glorious.
02. I’m not into soccer or maths but it’s hard not to be intrigued by David Sumpter’s Soccermatics – I don’t think the links between Australian cicadas and the Mexican wave will be tenuous…
03. I love Deliciously Stella as much as I love double-cream brie (which is a lot).
‘My diet inspiration is Jennifer Lawrence. She cried after the Oscars because they delivered her the wrong pizza. I think she might be my spirit animal.’
04. And on another note… Fitbits. I do love mine. And I may/ may not admit to some of these things (especially no.5 – I’m looking at you, Steph. Also no.15. Haven’t reached no.18 yet, probably because of aforementioned relationship with cheese).
05. And moving right along from fitness, check out this great round-up of chicken sandwich ideas. I reckon club sandwiches are a ‘benchmark dish’ – if a hotel can’t do a great room service club sandwich, you have to reconsider everything.
06. Melbourne opera season began on Tuesday night, kicking off with the crowd-pleaser, La Bohème. It wasn’t my favourite Bohème* ever, but dare I say that Gianluca Terranova as Rodolfo stole the show? There. I did. Who knew I could be so effing controversial. Anyway, his Act 1 aria, Che gelida manina, was brilliant.
08. I’m going to the Air Supply concert in June. I’m excited and not ashamed to say it. Hope it’s as good as this one.
09. Yesterday I posted my review of the funniest book I’ve read in a very long time – Penelope by Rebecca Harrington. To my dismay, I discovered that Harrington is yet to write another novel, so I binged on her feature articles about test-driving dating apps; Rihanna’s diet; and my favourite, the sixties catering, Playboy-mansion-style piece.
10. I love this clip – flocked wallpaper, jazzy soundtrack, ‘modest dances for joy’ and a slightly frantic-sounding narrator – it’s amazing.
And also this one.
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Drop in, say hi.
*That would be Baz Luhrmann’s 1990 production for Opera Australia