This week’s Top Ten Tuesday topic is all about the book-related stuff that fills your heart with joy. One might argue that it was time for the Broke and the Bookish team to break out the Top One Hundred for this topic but anyhoo, I’ve narrowed it down to ten book-related things that make me very happy.
1. This –
2. The Readings monthly newsletter – this little bit of ace arrives in my letterbox (the old-fashioned way) each month and I read armed with a pen to circle #ALLTHEBOOKS I want to read and #ALLTHEEVENTS I want to attend.
3. Book related fashion purchases (still can’t believe I don’t own this).
4. The few weeks at the end of the year when everyone publishes their lists of favourites (and although I might whinge, I do love putting together the reviewers’ Lists of Lists).
5. That sometimes I have to keep reading while I’m cooking dinner.
7. That my children understand (and respect) that when I say “I just have to finish this chapter”, it means ‘make yourself scarce for another five minutes’.
8. Reading every night until I fall asleep – somehow, after 35+ years of doing this, I know the precise moment to put the book down.
9. Choosing the paperbacks I take with me to the beach (it’s my favourite bit of holiday planning).
10. Having a sticky-beak at other people’s book shelves.