This post is actually more on the bookish side of the ledger this week…
2. Miles Franklin longlist – I have many thoughts about this list, the main ones being that Wood
will should win and why, why, why are Hope Farm and The World Without Us together again? Can we please, please, please temporarily suspend stories about communes? Thanks.
3. I’ve finished my Stella Prize shortlist reading so have returned to the Ferrante which I’d had to stop midway… I don’t know… I just can’t seem to get into it… Do I abandon…?
4. I was mighty pleased to see that my local was named International Bookstore of the Year.
5. Related to no.4, it’s this shop that tests my book-buying-ban on a regular basis.
6. Wish I could see Sarah Koenig speak… (if you’re reading this Sarah, please come to Australia).
7. Shopping with a friend one day and she said to me, “Do you think you could buy something without stripes?” NO. Which is why I want everything at La Ligne.
8. Marimekko for Target? I’ll take one of everything, thanks.*
9. I have tickets for this and I am way, way too excited already.
10. Were you Culture Club or Duran Duran?
*my freight forwarder better BRACE THEMSELVES.
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Drop in, say hi.