1. Went to the Marilyn exhibition at the Bendigo Art Gallery this week. The pieces on display were predominantly from Marilyn’s movies. I loved the exhibition but I’ve also always liked the pictures of her reading. She was, by all accounts, a great reader with an impressive collection of books.
2. The new Wheeler Centre schedule is out. I snapped up tickets to Hanya Yanagihara and now considering what else to go to – Paul Kelly*? Jeanette Winterson**? Jonathan Franzen***?
3. Banshee is so far from my usual scene and yet I can’t stop watching. Final season is about to start.
5. Because I seemingly have the sense of humour of a 14 year old boy, this. It’s the reference to ‘wang’. It cracks me (and other people I know) up.
6. Deb’s link to Boaty McBoatface makes me love the world.
7. Paperback Paradise is my new favourite Twitter account.
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Drop in, say hi.
* I do love Paul Kelly when he’s singing
** Have seen her speak before – she is very polished, extremely engaging.
*** Can I be bothered or will he make me want to punch something?