I have a very, very deep love for ABBA. I won’t try to explain it because if you’re not an ABBA fan, you’ll never understand (and why waste my time when I could be singing along to excellent tracks such as Bang a Boomerang?).
I’m not sure if I’m doing this week’s Top Ten Tuesday topic right, but I figure if Agnetha, Björn, Benny and Anni-Frid can pose for a photo in tin foil, then anything goes. So, I’ve taken ten ABBA songs and matched them (very loosely) with ten books.
1. My Love, My Life – Wilful Disregard by Lena Andersson
2. Waterloo – The Last Banquet by Jonathan Grimwood
3. Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! – What Nora Knew by Linda Yellin
4. When I Kissed the Teacher – You Deserve Nothing by Alexander Maksik
5. Money, Money, Money – The Darlings by Cristina Alger
6. Why Did it Have to be Me? – Delicacy by David Foenkinos
7. I Do, I Do, I Do – Seating Arrangements by Maggie Shipstead
8. So Long – Apron Anxiety by Alyssa Shelasky
9. The Name of the Game – Versions of Us by Laura Barnett
10. Our Last Summer – Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner