1. I dunno, there’s something about the illustration above that makes me very happy. It’s by Naomi Wilkinson.
2.Who’s looking forward to the Stella Prize longlist announcement next week? *me*
3. I very much enjoyed this post about long-term blogging from Sneh at Cook Republic.
4. Sneh mentioned the Paprika app – I’m tempted. Do I need this in my life?
5. Went to a welcome morning tea at my son’s new school. Met another mum there. We were chatting for ages, getting along famously. Fab. Obviously feeling that our sons should be BFFs. Then I discovered that I dated her husband (when we were in high school). I think ‘awkward’ is an understatement.
6. Bought something from a German website yesterday. Good to know I can shop bilingually.
7. If this wasn’t actually true of the Melbourne dining scene, you’d laugh.
8. My ten-year-old showed me this clip about a typewriter artist – it’s amazing.
9. Not buying books isn’t as hard as I thought it was going to be.
10. I’m not normally into pie but the fact that this one is described as “a salty and citrusy staple” makes me think I should reconsider my position on pie.
As always, Bookish Thoughts is hosted by the lovely Christine.