1. I have a new* book and it’s superb. Actually, beyond superb.
2. Coincidentally, I received an ARC for Curtis Sittenfeld’s Eligible last week *happy dance*
3. I can’t wait for this. I’ve already told the kids that it’s Gold-Class-worthy.
4. You can imagine the swear words I said when I realised that I hadn’t added two Kindle pages worth of books to my TBR-list. The words I said started with ‘f’ and ended in ‘uck’. As a result, the list that was supposed to be getting smaller now sits at 425.
5. When I was a teenager I spent eleventy-million hours on the phone. Now, it seems that this is largely applicable.
6. I’ve mentioned before that craft is not my thing but my daughter is obsessed, so during school holidays I try to indulge her interest (by out-sourcing, obvs). Last week we visited the relatively new, and absolutely divine, My Little Caravan, for a polymer-bead-making class. If we lived closer, I think Penny would take up residence. She loved it.
7. The Australia Day lamb advertisements have become somewhat iconic. This year’s ad is the best yet.
8. And if my overseas readers are wondering why the spokeswoman in the lamb ad looks familiar, it’s because she also read out the 2015 Australian Eurovision results.
9. This seems like a good idea.
10. I just love this so, so, so much.
* relax, I ordered it last year and it has only just arrived…
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Pop over and say hi.