2. Okay, honestly, I’m already crying about the books I’m not buying. A new Shriver! A new Kent! A new Burton! But as Jenny said, “…those upcoming in 2016 lists are all about creating interest and excitement, and selling books and keeping the industry going, which is fine…” – she’s absolutely correct. The books aren’t going anywhere and in the meantime I’ll keep adding to my ‘January-1-2017-shopping-list’ shelf on Goodreads.
3. So I went to the cricket last week (along with 83,000 other Melburnians). A kid ate a watermelon. It went viral. I need to send him one of these:
(actually, my favourite pencil shop* is currently out of the watermelon pencils, probably because I bought the last ones before Christmas).
4. I’ve never participated in the Tournament of Books. Have you?
5. I’m actually fairly good at not giving a damn but the key points of this article are worth highlighting, notably:
“The Not Sorry Method. It has two steps:
1. Decide what you don’t give a fuck about
2. Don’t give a fuck about those things
Not Sorry is how you should feel when you’ve accomplished this.”
6. And although I don’t really do resolutions, I need to start thinking about what I do this year… (Not resolutions but a PLAN).
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Pop over and say hi.
*everyone has a favourite pencil shop, right?