1. The Dressmaker film was superb. And the costumes were breathtaking. My friend Kate alerted me to this exhibition. Kate lives in a different state to me but we will find a way of seeing this together (road trip time?!).
2. Much of the soundtrack for The Dressmaker was original but the Flower Duet from Lakmé was included – always one of my favourites.
3. My husband had to get a blood pressure monitoring machine at home (on account of his white-coat fever). Geez, I do love a gadget… so, taking your own blood pressure – how many times a day is too many? *asking for a friend*
4. I see that the 2016 reading challenges are starting to pop up. There’s a good round-up of them at A Novel Challenge. At this stage, the only one I’ll be signing up for it the Mount TBR Challenge (because this).
5. I’ve basically turned all speakers to Adele this past week. Honestly, if you’re in any doubt about this woman’s talent and style, watch the clip below. She’s brilliant.
6. This wonderful piece by Emma Jane Unsworth on friendship. I have some friendship anniversaries that might need celebrating (I think a few hit the 30-year mark in 2016).
7. I own lots of different editions of Alice but not this one. Yet.
8. I made these brownies this week. Sweet baby cheeses, they were damn good (for my US readers, a Mint Pattie is the same as a York peppermint pattie).
10. And last but not least, I’m back in the winners circle, peoples!
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Pop over and say hi.