1. I’ve finished exams. This blog is a GIF-free zone but given that the subject I had an exam for was really, really, really difficult, I’m breaking out the Sheep of Joy.
2. Last week I went to see Buyer and Cellar. And I laughed and laughed. It’s a play about Barbara Streisand’s personal ‘shopping mall’. The amazing thing is that Babs does have her own mall and you can read about it in the book she published about design – My Passion for Design. After reading some of the reviews on Goodreads, I’ve decided that as much as I love her, she’s nuts.
“I simply must know if everything in Barbra Streisand’s life is that silvery blue color. Her laptop, her toilet paper holders, her Xanax bottle cosy?”
3. Babs and Barry’s Guilty album is one of my favourite albums ever.
4. I’m reading two novels at the moment (settle down monogamous types, I always have more than one book on the go). Anyway, both books have characters named Diego and Lupe. Maybe that’s not remarkable given they’re both set in Mexico but I can’t think of any other books I’ve read at the same time with characters of the same name.
5. In case you were wondering why I gave The Beautiful Bureaucrat 4.5 stars and not 5, it was simply because the day after finishing it, I couldn’t remember how it actually ended. Isn’t that odd (and worthy of a half star deduction)? As soon as I opened the book again, it came back to me, but still, odd given that the rest of the book is so memorable.
7. We’ve become a bit addicted to The Great Australian Bake-Off and the whole family feels that this is necessary.
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by the lovely Christine – pop over and say hi.