1. IT’S A NEW JOHN IRVING WEEK!
2. I’ve started Avenue of Mysteries (even though my reading is supposed to be focused exclusively on genes at present…).
3. Early thoughts on Avenue: enjoying the characters, worried about the lack of New England…
4. This is the only thing I like about Halloween.
5. There’s so much truth in this.
“A child does not walk onto a playground and say to herself, “How do I find fun?” She just goes and has fun.
If you have to look for what you enjoy in life, then you’re not going to enjoy anything. And the real truth is that you already enjoy something. You already enjoy many things. You’re just choosing to ignore them.”
6. This skirt made me laugh.
7. I think I need* a pair of sparkly shoes like this.
8. A new online gin store! Just in time for Christmas (meaning people can shop here for me).
9. It’s the 20th anniversary of the Bailey’s Women’s Prize for Fiction.
10. I thought I’d read lots of the Bailey’s prize winners – not sure where I got that idea because I have not (in fact, a woeful two of twenty).
As always, Bookish Thoughts is hosted by the lovely Christine.