1. This week should be filed under #nightmare – it’s not in my DNA to dwell but it began with chicken pox, assignments and a kid with a bung knee. And it’s only Thursday.
2. A friend sent me the card* pictured above. It made me laugh.
3. First Tuesday Book Club finishes the year with a ‘viewers vote’ show – this year they’re asking people to nominate their book of the year. They have to have been published in 2015 (so thank Christ Gone Girl won’t be there). I’ve read some really good books this year but my mind keeps going back to Essbaum’s Hausfrau.
4. This might be the only thing that has ever made me feel excited about Christmas early.
5. Yes (at the risk of alienating my Gen Y readers).
6. Have I ever mentioned how much I love red peppers? I do. Once my husband said “Do you think we could have a dinner without peppers?” No. This.
7. There’s no question that this is #completerubblish but I bet you have a go.
8. I’m a seahorse.
As always, Bookish Thoughts is hosted by the lovely Christine.
*If there are any typos or grammatical errors in this post, please let me know (Murphy’s Law, there will be).