1. I have a saying – “Gelato Messina is on the way home from everywhere.” Think you can handle 40 flavours? Knock yourself out.
2. While we’re on Gelato Messina, last night I had their special of the week – Old Gregg. It was sublime.
4. So I still haven’t read How to Be Both. I had very good intentions a few weeks ago (because my book group was reading it) but… but… Didn’t. Haven’t. Will.
7. I saw Don Carlos last week. It’s a superb opera (and my favourite this season). I commented to my friend afterwards how so many things that happen in opera don’t happen in real life (duh, obvs but stay with me…). For example, I said, mistaken identity with a simple lace veil or hanky over your face. Because really, you could easily mix-up your lover with someone else if they were wearing a fascinator. The next day I saw this article and laughed. Out loud. – “A fan has caused a great deal of trouble at one of your balls.”
8. Can’t believe I didn’t include Go Set a Watchman in my 20 Books of Summer list. Bugger.
9. Love these.
10. Look. At. This. #prettyanddelicious
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Pop over and say hi.