1. Did you have hot plans for Valentine’s Day? I did. Literally. My whole family went to the World Cup Cricket match between Australia and England, along with 90,000 others. We baked in the hot sun. Baked. Swear to God I sweated away five kilos.
2. How brilliant is this story about a book group?
4. I don’t talk about children’s books on this blog much at all (because reviewing them is part of my actual job). But I do really love Tiny – The Invisible World of Microbes. It’s basically the best science picture-book I’ve seen. If you know a kid, get them this book.
5. Interesting list of ‘radical’ books about motherhood. – article is by Elisa Albert, whose new book, After Birth, is in my TBR stack.
6. Summer’s almost over. Wish I’d seen this earlier. #want
7. I never get tired of stripes. Never ever. #want
8. So now I have a double bass in my life. How do these things happen to me? It started with this:
9. The Katering Show. The We Quit Sugar episode made me snort. Seriously, if you don’t laugh about the Quinoa Stack, we can’t be friends.
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Pop over and say hi.