1. Harper Lee. Wow. Just wow.
2. Reading Ireland Month – March, of course. I’ve got at least seven Irish authors in my TBR stack, so I’ll be participating.
3. I love this ‘40 page test‘. Essentially, Michael Bourne decided to look “…at the same line — the first sentence of the fifth paragraph on page 40…” to see whether it would offer a “…window onto the author’s style…”. Try it.
4. The biggest news in Melbourne this week? The Nylex Clock is back on. Most Melburnians understand the significance and if they are/were also rowers, even more so. There was many a time I would look at the time and think “5.30am and 7 degrees… What am I doing?”
5. Hooray! The Melbourne Food and Wine Festival program has been released. So many events, so little time…
6. This video about having four kids. So true.
7. On my tele: Olive Kitteridge series. So good.
8. Also new series of Banshee. Can’t tear my eyes away.
10. I’m a big fan of Gretchen Rubin. That kind of thing (being self-help and pop psychology) is ordinarily not my scene but Rubin’s words and ‘projects’ have stuck with me. She’s got a new book out about habits, so obviously, I couldn’t resist taking her quiz to see what kind of tendencies I have when it comes to habits (I’m an Obliger and the assessment is absolutely spot-on).
Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous. Pop over and say hi.