Not so many Bookish Thoughts (hosted by Christine) this week, just things I’m loving (because I’m hating exam pressure).
1. An Aussie Man Booker winner. Hoorah Richard Flanagan! (Ashamed to say I haven’t yet read The Narrow Road to the Deep North. The year an Aussie wins and all that…bugger)
2. When you think about a book long after you’ve finished. And that book is The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton.
3. Multi-coloured nail polish – I’m obsessed with summer pastels and silver combinations.
4. Holiday planning (related: Hawaii tips, anyone?).
5. Karen Joy Fowler’s web-chat over at Guardian Books. See?
6. News that The Jane Game is ready. Hoorah!
7. Made in Chelsea. Don’t judge me.
8. Mark-Francis on Made in Chelsea. He’s ludicrous. He says things such as “It’s not the kind of linen I’d wear in Capri. It’s different… more Saint Tropez…” and “Bronze is my favourite medium. Your early twenties is a good time to have your bronze cast.”