I’m doing another speed edition of Bookish Thoughts (hosted by Christine) this week. Because pedigrees and learning eleventy-billion genetic disorders beckon.
1. Exxopolis. Amazing.
2. Sonya Hartnett at the Melbourne Writers Festival – more detail to come. Brilliant.
3. Related – bought Golden Boys. Can’t wait.
4. Abandoned my re-read of The Little Friend. Over it.
5. Took kids to filming of Marngrook Footy Show. Fun.
6. Book Week last Friday. Hoorah! (I had one Eliza Boom, one 13-Storey Treehouse, one Timmy Failure and one Peekay from The Power of One).
7. Tweeted picture of my ‘Eliza Boom’ to the author of the books, Emily Gale – she was thrilled “My first Book Week Eliza Boom!”
8. Exam preparation – it’s a three stage process:
a. Buy #ALLTHESTATIONERY
b. Write notes, leave them by my bed and hope they sink in over night.
c. Blind panic
I’m currently at stage b.
9. This tonight.
10. Feels like the end of term, even though it’s weeks off. Kids are tired. This morning, the seven-year-old said to the eight-year-old “When you grow up you’re going to be a vacuum that sucks up poo!”. There were tears.