Things I love:
- stories with beautiful words
- stories about science
- stories about families
- stories that make me cry
- stories that make me laugh out loud
- stories that build characters not by way of pages of back story but rather by a few select details
- stories that I think about long after I close the book
- stories that have me reading through breakfast, lunch, dinner and well into the night
- stories that have me marking eleventy million exquisite sentences
- stories that include characters that make my heart hurt a little
- stories that include words I don’t know
We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves, by Karen Joy Fowler is a story with everything.
5/5 Spoilers for this book are virtually unavoidable. If you are one of the lucky few that know nothing about this story, stop everything and read it. Also, I’m jealous. If, like me, you already know the twist, don’t worry – stop everything and read it anyway.