1. I never knew there was a word for my problem:
2. So many Sunday nights growing up spent patiently by my tape deck, finger poised over the ‘record’ button as I made Top 40 mix tapes. Keep spinning the hits Casey Kasem.
“Mr. Kasem…. didn’t invent Top 40 radio, the countdown show, the on-air dedication or the brief performer bio. But the weekly show he introduced on July 4, 1970 …. brought those elements together in a design that was as much psychological as musical.”
3. One of the bloggers I follow, Maggie Alderson over at Style Notes, has mentioned her ‘Eat the Pantry’ project a number of times over the last few months. The ‘project’ is basically using all those jars and tins in your pantry and all those almost-unidentifiable hunks of frozen meat in your freezer rather than buying more. I’ve decided to do the same. We may have a house move on the horizon and if there’s one thing I hate packing/ unpacking, it’s pantry items.
I kicked off my own project last night with Spinach Cannelloni (spinach from the freezer, and two boxes of cannelloni and a bottle of passata from the pantry) and tonight we’re having this Mexican Beef Chilli from Jamie Oliver (using up a can of beans and two cans of tomatoes). Stay tuned, I’ll soon be looking for recipes to use up the vast quantities of capers, salsa, kidney beans and capsicum relish I have acquired.
4. My favourite numbers are 2 and 7.
I filled the car with petrol yesterday and stopped by chance on $72.07. I know a few OCD-types are freaking out about that 7 cents… Anyway, I went to pay for my petrol and used a discount card. The petrol was reduced to $70.27. It made me very happy. Went back to the car. Told my kids. Three of them looked at me with “Yeah, so?” expressions on their faces but my sensitive little old soul said “That makes it the best day for you Mum!”
5. Remember the eighties party we were going to? The costume idea was changed at the last minute (I was going to go as a mix tape but we finished in team Choose Life t-shirts, side pony-tails and hoop earrings). For the second year in a row, we won the best table decoration (I made a patchwork tablecloth out of album covers and a light-up mix tape centrepiece). Needless to say, I’m getting a bit up myself about table decorations now (especially as I’m not a crafty person. At all).
6. Took the kids to see Maleficent today. My usual kids-movies-rating-scale (ranging from shit to really shit) does not apply – it was good. I liked the non-traditional fairies and I really liked the traditional-fairytale good versus evil plot.
Christine at Bookishly Boisterous started this meme – get amongst it.