1. EXAMS ARE OVER! EXAMS ARE OVER! AND IT’S WORLD GIN DAY TOMORROW!
2. There was a question on my biology exam about nits. It was worth seven marks. I’ll get 7/7 for that one (thanks to my vast experience with nits) but not so sure about the remainder of the 193 possible marks.
3. Loving the cover of a book is not a reason to buy it/put in a Netgalley request, is it? *oh well… click*
4. I have a spectacularly poor record this year for having read anything on any longlist or shortlist, let alone prize winners. I continue my poor form with the announcement of the Baileys Women’s Prize for Fiction – haven’t read A Girl is a Half-Formed Thing by Eimear McBride. But I will.
5. I’m not a huge Tom Cruise fan (don’t mind some of his earlier films but the crazy-eyes-Scientology and action-man stuff is not my cup of tea) but this article is fascinating. If only for the scene-setting stuff about online tabloids and the birth of YouTube.
“A weird thing happens when people watch a viral video. In catching up with a cultural touchstone, the clip everyone’s talking about at the water cooler, we assume we’re on top of the whole story. After all, we’ve seen what everyone else has seen. Whatever gets edited out isn’t part of the conversation.”
6. I love these travel and photography inspired scarves from Good & Co.
Related: I really should stop buying scarves.
Related: It’s my birthday soon.
7. My new favourite food porn – Drizzle and Dip.
8. We surveyed one hundred people and their top response was “HOLY CRAP! FAMILY FEUD IS COMING BACK TO TELE!”
It’s true! Family Feud is coming back. My brother and I loved this show in the eighties. We were waiting to grow up so that we could try out. Actually, my aunty’s family were on and for some time it was my lame claim to fame in the playground.
9. And I’m saving the best for last. This is finally available on DVD. About time!
Christine at Bookishly Boisterous started this meme – get amongst it.