Every Monday night I sit down to put together my Top Ten Tuesday post. Every Monday night I think to myself “I really should be working, not blogging.” Bugger it, I love a list. I’ve always loved lists. In fact, one of the best birthday gifts I’ve ever received was The Book of Royal Lists, given to me when I was twelve and at the height of my Princess Diana obsession. It was 300-odd pages of lists. About the Royal Family. All sorts of useful stuff like ‘Sixteen Curious Garments Worn by Royalty’ and ‘Nine Names Applied to Members of the Royal Family by Schoolmates’ (including such gems as Flop, Bat Lugs and Pragger-Wagger). I read it all, over and over, with great interest.
For this week’s Top Ten Tuesday, The Broke and the Bookish threw us a freebie and I figured what could be better than a top ten of top tens? Probably nothing! It’s a list of lists!
10. Sorry. Hated It – 99% of the time I’m a cheerful person. Happy. Positive. Glass is half full. Making a list of books that I thought really sucked was surprisingly enjoyable.
9. Best Books I Read in 2012 – because I haven’t harped on about these titles enough…
8. Top Ten Kick-Ass Heroines – the list legitimately includes a pig and a rabbit.
7. Top Ten Books for Gatsby Fans – I’m not over Gatsby yet. I’ll never be.
6. Top Ten Books to Make You Think – Includes a book every parent should read (Beautiful Boy)
5. ABC… My Alphabetical Author List Has Some Gaps – I dare you to read this list and not check your own author list…
4. Lad Lit – Read-Alikes for Nick Hornby Fans – Lad-lit is not just for boys.
2. When Food and Literature Meet – Ten Foodie Fiction picks – feeling hungry?
and my very favourite top ten list –
1. Top Ten Books to Make You Cry – I love a good bawl and it seems others do as well (the search term that leads the most people to my blog is ‘books to make me cry’).
And I’m finishing with one of my favourite musical numbers – a jolly ‘top’ song.